Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Marshall & Biltmore

Yesterday we attempted to drive around and steal some flowers for the yard so we headed towards Marshall (my favorite tiny town). We discovered some sweet parks/picnic spots along the French Broad River on the way there.


We made it all the way there with hardly any flowers in site.


Tom conquering the French Broad. Lookin' manly.

Today we planned on hiking on the Biltmore property but we've already grown accustomed to the beautiful 80 degree weather and found it too hot to go on after visiting the gardens. And to think not that long ago I was hiking Everglades National Park in nearly 90+ degree weather with 100% humidity. Oh, how spoiled we are here in Asheville.

Here are some of the gorgeous flowers in the gardens. Note to Mom: I laughed at myself once I realized I was obsessively taking pictures of the flowers because I always make fun of you for doing that every time we go on trips.





No comments:

Post a Comment