Sunday, August 21, 2011

Max Patch

I'm going back in time for this post since I just realized I forgot to post these amazing pictures from Max Patch in North Carolina.

First off, if you ever go to western North Carolina you must go here. Second, Googlemaps LIES. This is NOT an hour away from Asheville. It's more like 2 and a half. And most of the ride is on a gravel road that will absolutely mess up your car. BUT..it's soooo worth it. Your first views are these beautiful and calm rolling hills and meadows...


Once you cross the meadows...this is your view. AMAZING (though not panoramically correct in placement, oops be sure to click on the picture!)


You also have an endless supply of wild blackberries to eat all along the way.


this is a happy dog.

picking wildflowers. I forgot to take a picture of the bouquet I left with.


Seen any bear poop lately? They sure love berries!


Spreading world peace.


To Kyle and Cernuda...you boys would have crossed this marker on the Appalachian Trail had you not quit so early!!


I'm not sure if you can see the black specs in most of these pictures...


they are actually sparrows speeding through the air all around you and somehow they manage never to hit anything. Here's one in action:


Possibly my favorite place on Earth.


On the way back we stumbled upon the St. Jude's Chapel of Hope on the way home. Pretty lucky considering I bookmarked it as a place to visit when I saw it featured in WNC magazine. Very pretty non-denominational church open to the public 24/7.


and it was next to this beautiful river and barn.

You MUST go here if you are ever in the area! More Texas current events to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment