Saturday, July 16, 2011

how does your garden grow?

Here's a yummy dessert I made using lots of the berries I had picked from the farm. A shortbread napoleon with blackberry sauce.


While trying to clean up some of the garden today I realized I haven't really posted any pictures or anything about it at all since I first put things in the ground. Here it is now. It's pretty messy, but so far we've enjoyed a few tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce, and cucumbers. The beans are almost ready and when that happens, I'll be in over my head with them. The white carrots will have to sit around until Autumn for family and neighbors to enjoy and the sunflowers should be blooming any day now. That middle one is as tall as I am!



One measly little head of corn.


The beans, and what's left of my cucumber weeding. They had all turned yellow.


Here's my largest cucumber. not sure why they all turned yellow so fast but I had to remove all of those. This thing is about the size of a baseball.


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment